Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Listen to your Father (he knows stuff)

At the end of last week I began to cut up my material.  I used a saw from my garage in collaboration with a plastic saw guide and a measuring tape.   The sawing itself was not difficult.  However, the saw was stripping the top layers of bamboo as I was cutting through it.



This became distressing for me.  There was a time that craftsmanship was not my major concern.  However, since entering the industrial design program at Virginia Tech, this has changed.  I needed a tool that would give me a better cut.  SUDDENLY, there was a bolt of lightning as my father reached towards the heavens and grabbed such a tool.  


And so it was the Peter Connors bestowed upon his son a Pipe Cutter, which cut beautifully through the bamboo. There was much rejoicing.   Stay tuned!

-James

3 comments:

  1. i hope you didnt spend more than five minutes in photoshop making your dad's hands look heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you aren't jealous that my dad uses heaven as a hardware store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am super jealous. my dad uses the asian mart.

    on a more serious note, the cuts are looking nice. its always cool when crazy things from nature are refined and put into order

    ReplyDelete